All great things come to an end, so let’s give it an epic send off, with a bang, like a Supernova! Come join Comic Fiesta’s 6th and last Annual Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 tournament. Read on for tournament registration details, rules and regulations
Venue: PWTC Convention Centre
Date: December 17th-18th
Game: Latest version of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3)
Registration Fee: RM50 (inclusive of 2 day passes to Comic Fiesta 2016*)
Participants who wish to join both UMVC and Street Fighter will have to pay RM60 to join both. Please state in PM if you wish to join both tournaments
*Payment must be made upon registration at competition counter.
Champion – RM600
1st Runner up – RM300
2nd Runner up – RM100
1. The tournament will start off with pool stages. In pool stage each player will fight all of his/her opponents in their group in a best of 5 game match. The top 2 of each group will move on to Winners Bracket of the Double Elimination round, whereas the third and fourth place will proceed to the Losers Bracket.
2. Quarter finals and onwards will be double elimination style, means each player has one chance to lose. If a player loses in the winners’ bracket, he/she will be placed in the losers’ bracket, and if they lose there its game over. Quarters and onwards will be played out in best of 5 games up till winners and losers finals. Grand finals will be played out in best of 5 games, player coming from losers bracket must win 2 sets to take the champion title.
3. A winner of a given game must stick to the same character for the next game with the same opponent. Only the loser of the game can counter pick with another character for the next game with the same opponent. The winner can however choose a different character order and assist if his opponent counter picks with a different character.
4. Blind pick is in effect and can be requested by either player before the start of a match. When a player chooses to blink pick, he/she and the opponent will whisper the character they’ll be using to the marshal and the marshal will make sure both players uses the said character in their match. Point number 3 is in effect after the first game.
5. Games will be played out on PS3 systems. .At the beginning of a match, you are allowed TWO (2) minutes or 1 round to test buttons and configuration. The match will be restarted once both players are satisfied with the buttons and configurations or the TWO (2) minutes are up.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Both sticks and gamepad allowed.
2. Players will have to bring their own controllers and sticks
3. Swearing, abusive language/gestures or unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. This includes deliberate distractions and disturbances to other players while a game is in progress.
4. Accidental presses of the PAUSE or HOME button will result in a warning by the game marshal. If the offence is repeated in a match, the match will be forfeited and the opponent awarded a win.
Kindly message any of the PICs (listed under registration) with any further questions you might have.
See you at Comic Fiesta 2016~!